Non-Medicare-Eligible Retiree Medical Coverage
As a retired member of the Teamsters Security Fund for Southern Nevada – Local 14, you have access to retiree health care coverage through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield until you become eligible for Medicare.
Here’s an overview of how the Retiree Plan works:
- For care received at a Family Wellness Center: You’ll pay $0, even if you haven’t met your deductible yet!
- For care NOT received at a Family Wellness Center: You’ll first have to meet a deductible, except for preventive care.
- Once you meet the deductible, you and the Plan will share in the cost of services. For care received at an in-network provider, you’ll pay the copay shown in the table below.
- You and the Plan will continue to share the cost of services until you meet the out-of-pocket limit. Once you meet this limit, you’ll pay $0 for covered services for the rest of the plan year. Note: There are separate out-of-pocket limits for medical and prescription drug expenses.
- If you need to fill a prescription, you must use an Elixir in-network pharmacy, which includes Walgreens, CVS, Costco, Raley’s, Safeway, Vons, and Smith’s pharmacies. If you see a doctor at the Family Wellness Center, certain generic drugs may be available at no cost.
In-Network Coverage Overview
The costs listed below are what you pay for in-network care.
|Family Wellness Center
1 All plan benefits are paid after the deductible is met, unless otherwise noted.
||Retail (up to a 30-day supply)2
||Mail Order (up to a 90-day supply)
2 You pay the lesser of the copayment or the cost of the drug.
Note: If you are seen at the Family Wellness Center certain generic drugs may available at no cost.
There is an annual benefit maximum of $1 million per retiree per year—meaning that, once the Plan spends $1 million on your care for that year, you’ll be responsible for any additional expenses.
This is just a brief overview of some of the covered services. See the Retiree Plan Document for a complete benefit table, including what you pay for care received out-of-network.
Options for In-Network Care
Our Retiree Plan is all about bringing you a wide provider network. That way, you can make your own decisions about where to get care.
The Teamsters Local 14 Family Wellness Centers offer retirees and their covered dependents high-quality, confidential medical and preventive care. From physicals to condition management for chronic illnesses, the centers are here to support you with services provided by board-certified primary care physicians (PCP), including:
Primary and preventive care: Annual physicals and checkups, sick visits, flu shots, health coaching and goal development, and help with managing chronic conditions
Lab and blood work: Test for allergies and determine diagnoses
Medical prescriptions: Approximately 50–75 generic medications available onsite
Care received at the Family Wellness Centers is FREE. Appointments are required, but generally, same-day appointments are available. When necessary, Wellness Center providers will refer you to cost-effective, high-quality specialists and outside services.
Henderson Family Wellness Center
2739 Sunridge Heights Parkway
Henderson, NV 89052
Northwest Las Vegas Family Wellness Center
2831 Business Park Ct., Suite 120
Las Vegas, NV 89128
Finding In-Network Providers
Hospitals: Choose Health Services Coalition providers from the list at lvhsc.org/coalition.
Mental health/substance abuse treatment: Call the Harmony Healthcare EAP at 702-251-8000 or use
the online provider directory.
Prescription drugs: Use the Elixir Pharmacy Locator or call 800-361-4542.
All other providers: Visit anthem.com and select “Find Care” at the top right of the screen. Scroll down to the “ID number or prefix” box and enter “JTF.” Complete the requested information and select “Search.”
Medicare-Eligible Retiree Medical Coverage
Once you are eligible for Medicare, Via Benefits is available to assist you in locating medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and supplemental life and accident insurance plans. To get started, call 888-825-2645 or
Retiree Dental and Vision Coverage
Dental and vision coverage is the same for retirees as it is for active members. Learn about the dental and vision benefits on their respective pages of this website.
Have a question? Call the Fund Administrator at 702-851-8286.