How To Enroll


You are eligible for Teamsters Security Fund for Southern Nevada—Local 14 health & welfare benefits if you are:

  • An active employee of a participating employer, you have met the initial eligibility requirements (first day of the month after receipt of your Employer’s first contribution made on your behalf), and you have maintained continuous eligibility, or
  • A retiree of a participating employer who has maintained continuous eligibility and is not yet eligible for Medicare. The retiree must have been eligible as an active employee, or through COBRA, for 96 of the 120 months immediately before retirement.

Your eligible dependents include:

  • Your legal spouse: if you choose to cover your spouse, you will need to submit a Spousal Affidavit.
  • Your children up to age 26, including:
    •  Natural children
    •  Stepchildren
    •  Legally adopted children
    •  Children placed for adoption
    •  Children for whom you are the court-appointed guardian


Initial Enrollment

To enroll for health & welfare benefits, complete the Enrollment Form and return it to the address on the form, along with the required documents for your dependents. 

Spousal Affidavit

To cover your spouse, you will need to submit a Spousal Affidavit, included in your enrollment materials, indicating whether your spouse has the option to enroll in other group medical coverage through a current employer.

If your spouse has the option to enroll in other group medical coverage but does not elect it and continues to have the Fund’s medical plan as primary coverage, you will need to pay a $300 monthly spousal premium. An invoice with payment information will be mailed to you.

If your spouse does not have the option to enroll in other group medical coverage or is enrolled in his or her employer’s health plan as primary and in the Fund’s health care plans as secondary, you will not be required to pay a monthly spousal premium, as long as you complete the Spousal Affidavit.

If you certify that your spouse does not have the option to enroll in other group coverage and enroll him or her in the Fund’s medical plan, then later it is determined that your spouse was or had the option to enroll in other group medical coverage, you will need to pay the $300 monthly spousal premium for each month it should have been applied, plus you may have to pay the Trust Fund back for any benefits that were improperly paid for your spouse.

Making Changes

You can make changes each year to your coverage elections during Open Enrollment.

Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity to:

  • Review your current plan elections and covered dependents
  • Enroll in or change your medical and/or dental plan
  • Add or drop eligible dependents, and
  • Update your beneficiary information.

Changes you make during Open Enrollment each year are effective the following January 1.

Outside of Open Enrollment, you are only able to make changes within 60 days of experiencing a qualifying life event, such as getting married or divorced, having a baby, or your spouse losing coverage under his or her own plan. So it's important to think carefully about your choices and make sure you select the right plan choice for your needs.

Required Documents for Dependent Coverage

To enroll dependents, send copies of the following documents along with your completed Enrollment Form:

  • Spouse: Spousal Affidavit and Certified Marriage Certificate
  • Children/stepchildren: Certified Birth Certificate or court-appointed guardianship certificate; divorce decree for stepchildren, if applicable

If your dependents lose eligibility for coverage due to divorce, legal separation or death, you must notify the Fund by sending a copy of one of the following documents along with an updated Enrollment Form:

  • Divorce decree
  • Legal separation papers, or
  • Death certificate

Note that you must list the Social Security number for all dependents on the Enrollment Form.